You Know You are a Runner When… (20 Reasons)
1. You have an unusual amount of pictures of your feet.
2. The only bracelet that you wear on a consistent basis is your Garmin.
3. You envy other runners you see on the road..while still cheering them on, of course.
4. You sleep in your running clothes so you are more motivated to leave the warmth of your covers in the morning.
5. You realize that you will never be a foot model.
6. Large amounts of complex carbs and nut butters are consumed. When training for a race, Sam’s Club or Costco memberships are a good idea.
7. Long run Saturday mornings are earlier than most weekdays.
8. You know what the term “fartlek” means.
9. The cold never bothered you anyways. (I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist)
10. You feel like you are missing something when you have not been in a race for more than 2 months…
11. Smoothies are eaten around the clock any time of the year.
12. Some of your deepest friendships and conversations have happened through running.
13. Race shirts are repeatedly worn and loved.
14. Treadmill running may not always be a favorite, but you still run 10 miles just because.
15. Races on birthdays are completely normal.
16. Rest days are torture.
17. Ice wraps are a regular occurrence.
18. NUUN energy tablets are better than candy.
19. Tan lines can either be awesome or embarrassing.
20. Last, but not least, you start collecting race medals, trophies, and race bibs.
I could go on for a very long time, but I will spare you.
So what do you think? Anyone else a runner out there. If so, do you agree? What other things do you notice as a runner?
Catch you all tomorrow for Thinking out Loud!