1. Two days. 2 whole days. 48 hours until I am done complete my very first half- marathon. I am excited, nervous, itching with anticipation, and ready to rock this half! What’s even more exciting is that I am running with As Our Own, an organization that rescues girls out of the red light district in India. As Our Own saves the girls from the life of sex-trafficking and slavery, shelters them, educates them, and most impotantly, shares the love of Christ with them. They raise these girls, like their name states, as their own. It is beautiful. Each race that we runners run in, is dedicated to one of these jewles. My race in Chicago is for Sabri. She wants to be a teacher. So, race day, I am going to paint my arms with Sabri’s name and run for her and for girls who cannot. I am amazingly overwhelmed and thrilled. Come on Saturday!
(To find out more about As Our Own please go to their website. www.asourown.org)
2. Does anybody else love proyo as much as I do? There are so many ways to make plain Greek yogurt taste like frozen yogurt. As always, I find a recipe I like and stick to it. I’ve played around, experimented, and tweaked my recipe until I got it perfected, and now I am stuck in a rut. Need to try some more.
3. I love snap chat. It is becoming a fun hobby. And man, are me and my friends getting good. In all seriousness, it is a lot of fun. I love seeing my friends almost ‘face to face’ and sharing our goofiness. Makes.my.day.
4. Devotions. Devotions make my morning, shape my day, and complete my evenings. I love my times with the Lord in the mornings and I don’t know what I would do without these quiet moments. My favorite time is when the sun is barely peaking over the horizon, the birds are chirping, and I have my coffee in hand. Nothing better.
5. Work has officially begun! And let me just take a moment to brag, but I think I have the best job in the world. I get to work with my amazing friends, adorable horses, and lots of crazy kids. Does it get any better? Oh and I get an awesome farmer’s tan. I know everybody is jealous of that.
5. Last, but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my girl Sunnie at www.moderngirlnutrition.com! Hope your day is amazing! 🙂 Big hugs. I will celebrate with you today! Party time!!
Now onto work.