It’s no secret in this household, that I love Christmas. It’s my favorite holiday and most importantly, I love the reason we celebrate- Christ’s birth. When I was thinking about the upcoming holiday season, I tried to come up with twenty-five activities to do before Christmas day comes. Since the day of Christmas goes so quickly, I like to celebrate practically all month long. This year, I am a little behind because of our new addition…
Hopefully, we will be able to check all of these off our list as we count down the days till Christmas morning!
I hope you will be able to use some of these ideas in your household this season as you anticipate Christmas approaching.
- Cut down a Christmas tree.
- Bake Christmas cookies. (Our favorites are sugar cookies, gingerbread, Candy cane twists, and oatmeal scotchies.)
- Decorate the house.
- Carole around the neighborhood.
- Watch It’s a Wonderful Life.
- Watch Elf.
- Watch the classics like Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and The Grinch.
- Buy Christmas presents for family and wrap them.
- Set up the Nativity scene.
- Take plates of cookies to neighbors.
- Read Luke chapter 2.
- Open one gift on Christmas Eve.
- Make homemade hot cocoa.
- Listen to Christmas music.
- Attend a cookie exchange.
- Go sledding.
- Have a snowball fight.
- Build a snowman.
- Make wassail.
- Make Christmas cards and send to friends and family.
- Go on a Christmas eve or day run.
- Read a Christmas themed story.
- Kiss under the mistletoe.
- Take a sleigh ride
- Build a gingerbread house
Obviously, there are so many more Christmasy things that you could do, but hopefully these will get you started!
Most of all, I hope you take time to reflect on what this season is all about-God sending His only Son to take our place, our punishment, that we may come to know Him. What a beautiful season this is. I hope you all enjoy every single minute of it.
Questions of the Day
- Do you have any Christmas traditions?
- What is your favorite outdoor, winter activity?
- Are you a fan of snow?