Mocha Protein Shake
Coffee and chocolate come together to create a delicious and rich shake that tastes so good, you wouldn’t know it was healthy! Packed with protein (and even some veggies!) this hearty breakfast will fuel you through until lunch!
I know, I know, the leaves are falling, the temperature is dropping and I’m over here blogging about shakes and smoothies. Yes, I should be cuddled up in layers and eating my instagramable (is that a word?) bowl of oatmeal or pile of perfectly scrambled scrambled eggs. But, I refuse to give up my protein shakes just yet.
They are too delicious, easy, and nutritious to stop eating (drinking?) just because the season changed. Nice try weather, nice try.
I may not be giving my smoothies up just yet, but I do promise this will be the last summery recipe I’ll share for a while. It doesn’t seem right to blog about summer food while the snow begins to fall. So, take heart my fellow egg and oatmeal lovers, there will be plenty of warm breakfast recipes to come.
But until then, let’s have one last hurrah for summer, and smoothies while we are at it.
- 1 large, frozen banana (or 1 1/2 for a super creamy and thick consistency!)
- 1 c. almond milk
- 1 large handful spinach
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 scoop vanilla whey Designer Protein*
- 1/4 c. Strong, brewed coffee or 1 packet pre-brewed coffee (instant works well too)
- Vanilla extract
- Enough ice to make thick!
Place all ingredients in blender. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into tall glass and enjoy!
*Because you all are my readers, claim your whey, soy, or plant based Designer Protein for 20% off, by clicking here! Offer good until the end of the year.
I hope you enjoy this shake as much as I did!
Questions of the Day
- Does your food/eating habits change when the weather changes?
- What is your go-to breakfast?
- If you could pick one flavor combo, what would it be? Coffee + chocolate, caramel + chocolate, or peanut butter + chocolate?