Word of the Year + 2017 Goals
Isn’t terrible that I hardly took any pictures this weekend? I mean, it was nice to have a break from the camera and my phone for a while, but I didn’t get any pictures of our NYE party. Oh well, you win some, you lose some, right?
I’ll be writing a full recap post later this week, but because of internet/computer issues (yes, we are still having them!) I thought today I would share some of my goals for the new year! (Side note: My computer issues should be solved by next week sometime, so hopefully my normal blogging schedule will be back to normal by then!)
Okay, onto goals…
I’m not the type of person to come up with “resolutions,” every year, because I feel like most of the time they are hard to keep. Maybe it’s because they are too big or too broad, but regardless, I’m not a huge fan of “resolutions.” I am a fan, however, of creating basic, attainable goals so that I have something to conquer for the year. I also like to come up with a word (or three) for the year that I want to capture the year as a whole.
This year, I’ve narrowed down my goals to three. (Disclaimer: I do have a myriad of little goals, but I don’t want to bore you with the details!)
- Run half and full marathon. I guess this could be considered two goals, but I’m not that picky. As long as I’m healthy and have no injuries, I want to run another half marathon (I love that distance!) and run my first ever full marathon. Running a marathon is a long lived dream of mine and I think 2017 is going to be my year to conquer it. Of course, I’ll keep you all up with my training and nutrition as I prepare for the race!
- Limit social media to certain times of the day. It is so, so easy to feel almost “chained,” (horrible, I know…) to my phone. Last year, after I got my first smart phone, I used waaay more social media than I used to. This year, I want to de-clutter my life, in many different ways. One of those ways I can de-clutter is to arrange my social media time to certain times during the day, so I’m not always checking it or feeling like I need to check it. We will see how this goes.
- Expand my blog reach and continue consistently blogging. This goal is fairly self-explanatory, but I want to continue sharpening my blog and figuring out my audience, my social media presence, affiliate marketing, ambassadorships, and photography. Blogging is a lot of fun, but there are also some nitty-gritty details that aren’t as fun to learn. My goal this year: learn and conquer. 😉
And those are my goals! You guys can keep me accountable, okay?
Oh and my word for the year?
I hope you all have a great, second day of the year! And happy goal making.
Questions of the Day
- Do you make goals?
- If you do make goals, what are some of yours for the year?
- What do you have going on this Monday?