Today’s the Day!! Strange Comfort Food, and a New Favorite Dessert (TOL #51)
One more day until Friday! Has the week gone fast or is it just me? Either way, I’m excited that the weekend is drawing near and even more excited about what I’m sharing today on the blog, hint: it involves running!
Before we dive into the craziness, thank you Amanda for hosting! I always love joining your Thursday parties!
(Have no idea what’s going on? Check out the details here.)
- So, I woke up this morning and the temperature was 37°. Hello winter temperatures, I’m not excited to have you back in my life. I guess my life will consists of hoodies and comfy socks or the next couple months. Does anyone else have a hard time dressing fashionably in the winter? I try, but to be honest, a lot of times hoodies are so much warmer and my cute sweaters.
2. Something that I am excited about is our little one’s weight gain. Last night, Landon and I looked at pictures from when he was first born. I can’t believe how tiny and skinny he was! I’m so glad to see this little rolls all over his body. And of course, I love kissing those chubby cheeks.
4. They probably feel like comfort food because when I was little, my mom would make lentils for lunch and to top it with salsa. So, what did I do yesterday for lunch? You got it, lentils and salsa. Don’t knock it till you try it.
- While we are talking about delicious things, my sister gave me this recipe for healthy fudge. Yes. Yes. and yes. If you are looking for a healthy, sweet-tooth killing treat, try this one out!
7. If all goes well, I will be cleared to run today!!!! (Excuse the dramatics.) You know what I’ll be doing later tonight. If I’m able to run, I’ll let you know all about how my first run postpartum goes. Because, obviously, all you guys are dying to know. 😉
and with that, I’m signing off for today. Another cup of coffee is calling my name. Let’s chat tomorrow, okay?
Questions of the Day
- Have a random Thursday thought? Share it with me below!
- What is one of your favorite comfort foods?
- What is the temperature like where you live? Getting colder?