1. Let’s take a moment to appreciate that it is now officially red cup season at Starbucks! Call me crazy, but I always feel so festive holding steamy coffee in a seasonal cup. Especially when my hands are donned with fuzzy mittens. Thankfully, weather wise, we have not needed gloves yet.
2. My second grade student has a love for climbing trees and reading. We decided to combine both and see what happened.
3. I was so pumped for the NYC Marathon, but disappointed when I heard I would have to wait until eight pm. for the results. ( I was dying to know how Kara Goucher did. Side note: If I ever participated in Women Crush Wednesday’s, she would be my woman crush. But I feel weird doing WCW so never mind.) Oh the wait was long.. Apparently, I am a nerd? But, this was an interesting article that talks about the top 100 finishers and what shoes they wore. By the way, Kara did well, not as well as she wanted to, but still amazing. Someday I hope to attempt to run like her…
These guys are fast. Crazy fast. I mean, just look at their legs and stride. If any of you are wondering, that’s how I look when I run too…in my dreams.
4. New recipe coming tomorrow for you guys! It is my all time favorite Sweet Potato Fry recipe. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!
I make these guys at least twice a week, and some weeks once per day. I have found that they are great the night before a long run or eaten the after a run at lunch. Needless to say, they are full of complex carbs and loaded with flavor. (This picture is before I cooked them, incase you were wondering.)
5. Last, but certainly not least, it’s my brother’s 18th birthday today!!
Happy birthday to my favorite (and only) brother. Not only is he my brother, but also my friend, my protector, my confidant, and someone I know I can be completely honest with. He makes me laugh, helps me when I need it, and encourages me when I feel down. I am so proud of the man he has and is becoming. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for him and Hannah. Stay strong in the Lord Nathaniel, and He will guide your steps. Love you a lot.
To celebrate, we had cinnamon rolls. I had a bite or two of one, since I am heading out for a run shortly I didn’t want to upset my stomach. I am hoping that they will fuel me through this windy run. We’ll see…
Thanks mom! And thanks Nathaniel for having a birthday!
Well folks, that’s it for today. I’ll catch you all later with a new recipe.
ps. stock up on some sweet potatoes!