1. I have concluded that I could wear my running pants and shoes every day of my life and be very satisfied. Anyone else agree with me? Life is better when you are in running shoes, especially if they are bright!
2. Temperatures are quickly dropping here. I had to dig out all of my winter running gear. One of my favorites is this half-zip blue pullover from Target. I have used this jacket so many times. The best part thumb holes!
3. Two days ago, as I was running, I had the most feared moment anyone can have as a runner: The.watch.was.dying. I made myself run faster so I could squeeze in my miles before it died on me. Eventually, I realized I had no power over the batteries and decided to call it a shorter run and walked the rest, while mourning the loss of my watch.
It’s now fully charged and I am once again happy. 😉
4. Blueberries and yogurt have rocked my world lately. After I finished working out at the gym, I came home and made this delicious mixture.
Here’s the recipe for anyone interested:
1/2 – 1 c. Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 scoop of whey protein (mine was vanilla)
Dash of vanilla extract
Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Stevia packets (1-2)
Cheerios for a crunch
Lots of blueberries (mine were frozen)
Mix together and freeze for about 10-20 minutes to get it kind of thick. Then dive in-face first preferably.
5. Has anyone been affected by the Maranatha Almond Butter and Peanut Butter recall? That is one of my favorite brands of almond butter because 1. It tastes great and 2. It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to buy. So when I went to go buy my favorite and saw that there was a recall I was rather disappointed. After much searching, I came across this almond butter. This might even top Maranatha (sorry!) and is right around the same price. If you haven’t tried it, I highly suggest it.
6. While we are on the topic of food, another new find is this flax milk. I am a hard-core almond milk fan, but I am really liking this one too. It taste just about like almond milk, but a little ‘lighter’. Plus, I love the outside of the carton, so cute. (I am not a believer in Karma though haha)
7. Last, but certainly not least, God has taught so much lately. I am continually amazed at His love and His faithfulness, which is “New every morning…” (Lamentations 3:23) My leg has felt better lately and I have been able to get in some solid mileage. Daily He has proved himself faithful, enough, patient, and worthy. I am so grateful for His love and continually humbled.
What About You:
Any new food finds?
Any dramatics with running equipment?
Anything that the Lord has taught you guys?