If you are like me, Friday’s always seem like a great night for pizza and a movie. Made within fifteen to twenty minutes, these personal pizzas are perfect for full Friday evenings or if you have picky eaters!
Landon and I love Friday evenings. Why, you ask? Mainly because we get to spend time together. Friday nights Landon and I purposely try to put away our phones, turn off the computer, and focus on just being together.
Landon and I both love pizza, but we don’t love the fact that pizza isn’t known as the worlds’ healthiest food out there. In order to enjoy pizza night even more, we like to lighten up our pizzas by either making it ourselves, thinning out the crust, or adding extra veggies!
Latley, I’ve been using Flatouts as the crust. By using this type of crust, we save calories, pump up the protein content, and limit the carbs. (Don’t let me fool you, thick crust is totally a favorite of mine too!)
Personal Pizzas *Recipe makes 2 personal pizzas*
- 2 Flatouts (I love the protein version!)
- 1/2 c. Pizza sauce (my homemade version can be found here)
- 2/3 c. Mozerella cheese
- Any desired toppings *my personal favorites: spinach, fresh, sliced garlic, pineapple, bell peppers, onion* *Landon’s favorites: ground beef, pepperoni, onions, bell peppers, garlic, spinach*
Lay Flatouts on baking sheet. Top with sauce and toppings.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 min, until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy with a light side salad.
- Favorite pizza toppings?
- Do you have any Friday traditions?
- How do you like your pizza? Thick or thin crust?