My Sister Got a Snapchat(!), Hot Runs, and Call the Midwife: TOL (#31)
Happy Thursday friends. Can you believe we are almost to the weekend? Better, yet, it’s a holiday weekend! I hope you guys have some fun plans for Memorial Day. As of right now, I’m not for sure what Landon and I are doing, but I’m on a mission to make it a great Monday.
Before I start rambling, shout out to Amanda for hosting today. You guys seriously need to check her recipes out. They are fantastic. (Not to mention, her food photography is drool worthy.)
1. I didn’t have to drink the glucose cocktail. (!) My midwives allowed me to bring grape juice instead. It tasted good, but man, chugging two boxes of grape juice (in 5 minutes) made me feeling slightly sick afterward. Hello sugar rush.
2. Speaking of sugar, in case you missed this recipe, check it out here. (These cookies are refined sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free)
3. Yesterday’s run was h.o.t. (Think 80s) I thought my body had adjusted to running in the warmer tempatures, but apparently I haven’t adjusted all the way. I was really hoping I’d find some random pool that I could climb into, but no luck there.
5. While I was running (and deciding whether or not I wanted to finish four miles) all I could envision was going home, sitting next to the air conditioning and watching, “Call the Midwife.” I was so happy to find season 5 at my library! (And yes, after foam rolling, I did just what I envisioned mid-run. It was glorious.)
7. My reasoning for drinking/craving smoothies because of the weather makes sense, but I don’t know how to make sense of my hot cup of coffee craving…I must be complicated. (But you already knew that, right?) 😉
That’s all for right now friends! I have a busy day ahead of me and need to get a bunch of things done. Catch you all later.
Your Turn to Share Your Random Thoughts:
- What are you thinking about this morning?
- Have you adjusted to running/exercising in the heat?
- Anyone else a fan of, “Call the Midwife?” Have you seen season 5 yet?