My Dream Has Come True + My Forever Workout Buddy (TOL #58)
Good morning friends and happy Thursday! I really should have drafted this post last night, because now I’m staring at a blank screen trying to figure out what to write about.
Thank goodness today is TOL Thursday, it fits the theme for today. Also, thanks to Amanda for hosting these every week, it gives my mind a chance to work like it normally does- which is randomly.
- I don’t think I mentioned this on the weekend recap, but we ran into our great friends who were getting their tree the same day too. Hope, my gorgeous friend in the photo above, hadn’t met Benaiah yet. Obviously, they got along great, and it was a lot of fun to bump into them. I don’t know if it is me, but it seems like every year we are at the tree farm, we always run into someone we know. I don’t know if that means we know a lot of people or the place is popular. We’ll go with the notion that we are just popular… 😉 Also, gotta love the guy in the background. I guess he doesn’t believe in waiting for pictures to be taken.
- In a totally unrelated note, in case you missed my Toasted Coconut Sweet Potato Casserole recipe, find it here! Is anyone else a sweet potato casserole fan?
- Speaking of food, did you guys know that you can use grapefruit skins to make a really good smelling- um, cider? Okay, cider isn’t the word for it, but I have no idea what to call it. Basically, I threw the grapefruit rinds in a pan with some water, apple cores, cinnamon, and a sprig of pine, turned it up to a boil and let it simmer. BAM. My house smells like Christmas now and I didn’t even have to buy a candle. #Winning.
- While we are on the topic of candles and all things decorative, did you guys know that Fixer Upper (the show I’m currently obsessed with, but Netflix hasn’t uploaded the latest season…) has their own online store!? Basically, my dream has come true and I can decorate my house like Joanna Gaines decorates. Yes please. Also, how adorable is this shelf? I’ll just add that to my Christmas list..
- Speaking of Christmas, I still haven’t done any Christmas shopping yet…I blame Benaiah. We did get our tree though, so that’s a win. Also, Benaiah’s expression in this picture is priceless. Can anyone say, tired?
- This little man is quite active these days. Between kicking his legs, squirming on the floor, rocking at tummy time, and grabbing his toys, (and my hair), I’m having a quite the time keeping up with him. I can only imagine once he starts crawling and walking. Oh boy. He also doesn’t love snuggling on my chest anymore unless he is tired, he would rather face out and see the world. He’s growing up too fast and I don’t know how I feel about it.
- Lastly, I have quite the workout partner these days. If I’m doing Pilates, yoga, or some other circuit workout, this little man loves to watch me move around. I love that he is learning this is a normal thing that happens in the Thompson household and I can’t wait to see what he will like to do when he grows up. (Obviously, I’m rooting for running…) 😉
Questions of the Day
- This is random, but what are your favorite Christmas movies? I need inspiration!
- Favorite candle scent?
- Have you guys seen Fixer Upper? Thoughts?