Landon and I have a couples’ baby shower, running, soccer, moving more boxes, and a movie date planned. I love weekends that mix relaxation and activities.
Before we start the weekend, let’s talk about some of my favorites of the week!
I feel like a beginner runner again, and you know what? It’s okay. Since spraining my ankle, my love and appreciation for running has only grown. I love that running is a forgiving sport. You can lose and gain running fitness (fairly) quickly, but you can always lace up those shoes and head out the door again. Even though my last two runs have been tiny mileage, they’ve also felt amazing!! I can’t wait to get back to my 8-10 milers, but until then, I’ll relish each and every step, moment, and sweaty morning.
Since running is limited right now, I’ve been cross training like crazy. A couple days ago, I created a super sweaty, total body workout that had proved super effective! I’ll share that with you all tomorrow!
The Piano Guys
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t blast Piano Guys around the house? Please don’t tell me I’m the only one…
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Last night, I whipped up a batch of experimental cookies. They turned out delicious and I was super happy! I mean, who doesn’t love ending the evening with a healthy cookie (or two, shh!) Be on the lookout for this recipe later today.
Weekend Movie Nights
Landon and I are planning on watching Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark for our movie date tonight. Do you know that I’ve never seen any of the Indian Jones movies?! Yup, apparently I’m uncultured…
Favorites from Around the Web
- Julie shares the benefits of collagen! Super interesting and I know what I’m adding to my grocery list next month!
- If you are looking for a simple home/apartment/condo security system, check this one out. Thanks for sharing Janae!
- Maybe this is why I was craving cookies last night…Taralynn’s peanut butter protein cookies look amazing!
- Amanda, if you could ship me some of this banana bread, that’d be greattt…
- I almost forgot how much I like grits until I saw this recipe (thanks Jen!) I need to make some ASAP.
I’m signing off for now , let’s talk later today!
Questions of the Day
- Any fun Friday plans!?
- Have you seen the Indiana Jones movies?
- What are your favorite kind of cookies?