I Have a Three Month Old and December Has Arrived (TOL #57)
First off, I want to thank all you guys for your sweet and encouraging comments on Facebook regarding my last post! You guys are the best.
In keeping with tradition, I’ll be sharing with you all some random Thursday thoughts, but first, a big shout out to Amanda for hosting this party!
- This boy is THREE months old today. These past couple weeks, he’s developed a few new, fun skills that make both him and I laugh. I love him with all my heart and I love watching him grow each and every day. Happy three months baby boy! I’ll be sharing a full three-month update soon, keep an eye out for it!
- Not only is today my baby boy’s three-month birthday, but it is also, the beginning of DECEMBER! Bring on all the Christmas traditions, festivities, decor, and delicious treats! This is one of my favorite Christmas goodies and it is super easy! Toffee for days.
- Speaking of Christmas traditions, I have an important question for you. What do you guys prefer, a real or fake tree for Christmas? I’ve grown up with real trees, so I’m team real all.the.way.
Last year, for our first Christmas together, Landon told me he wouldn’t mind buying an artificial one for or home, since he grew up with them. I may or may not have had a slight heart-attack. 😉 (okay, that may be a little dramatic) This year, Landon surprised me by planning a trip to my favorite tree farm. We are going this Saturday and I can’t wait! Make sure to follow me on snapchat >>>luluruns315 to keep up with our tree farm adventures!
- On a different note, this entire week I’ve been attempting to get up early to have my devotions and workout before Landon leaves for work. So far, today has been the only successful day. I’m normally up by 7:30ish, but I’ve tried to get up before Landon and Benaiah do recently. I may have to make this a New Years resolution.
Speaking of resolutions, the time is coming when a lot of people start thinking about next years goals? Do you guys have any? So far, a few of mine that I have are: run a half and full marathon, less screen time throughout the day, expand my blog to offer a new service (more to come on that later), and possibly take some holistic nutrition classes.
- Another fun fact? Designer Protein is having 12 Days of Giving giveaway! Which means, that for only SIX more days, they will be unveiling sweet deals that you can snag on your next protein order! The best part about this giveaway though, is that with each purchase, Designer Protein is giving 12% back to the San Diego Food Bank. If you are looking for a fun gift for your fitness friends and want a gift that gives back, this is a great option! Also, use my code (found here) to get 20% off your entire purchase! (My code is good until the 31st of this month!)
- On Tuesday, I went for a run and man it felt so good! My hip flexor is still bothering my though, which is totally bumming me out. Any stretches that you guys know of to help that heal asap? Since my hip flexor was sore yesterday, I did Julie’s 10 to 100 Workout again. Hello sore. I mentioned it a couple posts back, but this workout has SEVENTY tuck jumps and each time I complete a round it leaves my legs feeling like jello! If you need a fun, challenging, body weight circuit workout to try, check this one out here.
And with that, I’ll leave you for today! I hope your Thursday is beautiful.
Questions of the Day
- What is your favorite Christmas treat?
- Do you have any goals for next year?
- Real or fake tree?