Chicken nuggets are not always known to be the healthiest option out there; that is, unless you make them yourself!
I love making my own healthy twists on recipes, that way, I know exactly what’s in them. Without further ado…
Healthy, Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (slightly thawed)
- 1/4 c. Olive oil
- 1/4 c. Panko
- 1/4 c. Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley flakes
- 1 Tsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp. Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Salt or Adobo
Defrost chicken just enough to easily slice. Cube chicken and set aside.
After everything is prepared, take chicken, dip into olive oil, dredge in seasonings, and place onto baking sheet.
Bake at 400 for 35 minutes. Depending on your oven, the chicken nuggets may still be a little “soggy.” Crank heat up to 425 and cook for 10 more minutes. The nuggets should be crispy on the outside, yet still moist on the inside.
Your Turn to Share:
- What’s your favorite way to eat chicken?
- Do you like to make healthy spins on your favorite not-so-healthy recipes?
- What did you make for dinner last night?