Global Running Day: My Top Four Favorite Summer Running Accesories
Happy Wednesday friends! Hope your day is off to a great start. The last few days have been pretty busy, so this morning has been nice to catch up on a few things that I need to get done before the week is over. Yesterday, I found out that today is global running day. I’m celebrating with cross training today, whipping up a healthy dessert, and sharing my favorite summer running accessories with you guys!
Summer is a great time to run, but you need to be prepared for the heat. I’ve learned through trial and error what works and doesn’t work during summer training and wanted to share with you all my top four favorite ways to combat the heat while running in the summer.
1. Shoes: Mizunos are my all time favorite running shoes. Now, everyone has different brands that they love, but the trick is to find what works for you. I recommend trying out a couple different pairs and run in them before buying (most running stores have a treadmill you can run a bit on.)
2. Another favorite summer/any time accessory is my Garmin. This is not the exact model I have, (mine is an older model), but this is a similar version. I love the user-friendliness of the watch and I enjoy having the ability to track my distance/pace/and calories burnt. I wouldn’t say this is a necessary item for every runner, but if you have specific goals that you wish to meet, Garmins are nice to have.
3. Any time (not just summer time) is a good time to stay hydrated. My all time favorite water bottles are Camelbaks. For some reason, I drink more water when I have a straw or something to drink it through.(Anybody else like this?!) I always make sure to hydrate well before, during, and after runs, (especially when the weather is warm!)
4. Speaking of hydration, one of my favorite ways to refuel after runs is with NUUN energy. It is perfect for replenishing depleted electrolytes and has a light, clean, fruit flavor.
There you have it, my top four favorite ways to
survive thrive through summer running. Now let’s hit up a good workout or run and enjoy the rest of your Wednesday.
Questions of the Day:
1. What are you favorite ways to combat the heat during the summer?
2. Have you ever had NUUN before? What is your favorite flavor?
3. What are your plans for today?