Favorite Protein Smoothie
After a hard run or workout, nothing hits the spot like a protein smoothie. I have played around with many recipes, but this one is my favorite and go to. I am now stuck in a rut and make this one all.the.time. This is great for post-run, post-lifting, snack, or dessert.
Let me know what you guys think!
Chocolate Covered Banana Protein Smoothie
- 1 Large, Sliced, Frozen Banana
- 1 Scoop Protein powder (vanilla or chocolate) (your favorite brand I prefer whey protein)
- 1 Tsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 Stevia Packs
- 1 1/3 c. Almond Milk or Skim Milk
- 1 c. (or more) of crushed ice.
- 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla extract
- Additional add ins: Xanthum gum (for thickness), strawberries (!
Place all ingredients (except for ice) in blender Blend until smooth and frothy. Add ice and blend until desired consistency. Pour in a tall glass and enjoy! I love topping mine with cereal for a nice crunch!
What is your favorite protein smoothie or regular smoothie recipe?
Comment below and let me know!