Cranberry Honey Oat Muffins
Fluffy, lightly sweetened, and studded with cranberries, these muffins are perfect for the holiday season! Perfect for brunch gatherings, these muffins are sure to make please even the toughest critics.
I don’t know about you, but I do adore carbs. Generally, I try to keep my main carb sources from sources such as brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, or oatmeal, but every once in a while, a delicious carb loaded muffin or bagel just calls my name. Through the years, I’ve learned that treating myself to these delicious pastries (? Eh, breakfast foods?) is 100% ok. I’ve learned to truly enjoy treats and not feel guilty while eating them.
Now that this post is way heavier than what I was expecting, I’ll move onto the main star of the show
Yes and yes. Muffins galore.
A few notes about this recipe.
- I didn’t have any whole wheat flour so I used 1 c. white flour and 1 c. Oat flour to lighten it up a little. You could probably substitute all of the flour for 2 c. whole wheat flour, but I haven’t tried it out yet.
The cranberries in the recipe is about 1/2 c. of my leftover apple cranberry sauce. The cranberry sauce keeps the muffins moist, so if using only cranberries, I would up the honey and coconut oil.
Please don’t leave out the dusting of brown sugar. It’s gives the muffins a nice texture, look, and sweet flavor.
Without further ado…
- 1 c. Flour (white or whole wheat)
- 1 c. Oat flour
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 c. Melted coconut oil
- 1/3 c. Honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. Almond milk (or regular)
- 1/2 c. Leftover cranberry sauce* (see above note)
- 1/8 c. Organic brown sugar
Measure out dry ingredients and put into bowl. Combine. Melt coconut oil. Once melted, add the rest of the wet ingredients. Stir together.
Scoop batter into cupcake liners, top with a pinch of brown sugar, and bake for 12-15 min. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 min. Enjoy warm!
I hope you guys have a great day!
Questions of the Day
- What is your favorite kind of muffin?
- Any carb lovers out there?
- What did you guys do for Thanksgiving?